Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm laying down the ground rules. As an English teacher, I'll use a quote to make my point:

"Only God knows how to love, the rest of us are only good actors. Forget love, try good manners."
--Rebecca Wells, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

I apply that quotation to many situations in my life. Regardless of who I am and what my husband does for a living, I would hope everyone would remember that quotation. It might make earth a nicer place to live.
That said, if you want to be negative, ornery, or just plain mean and nasty, please check whatever issues or neuroses you may have at the door. I may be a preacher's wife, but I am also a Southerner who inherited her mother's sassy tongue. You've been warned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Settle it down pastorschick! Us California natives have a hard time consuming/understanding the wealth of knowledge a pastor's wife, english major, and southerner bring to the common conversation.

If your going to live in California you gotta talk the talk. No quotes, no metaphores, and please, please stop making so much sense. The only quotes acceptable to use are those from such classics as; Napoleon Dynomite, Dodgeball, O Brother where out thou, etc...

Anyway, welcome to California! You guys are one of the few I do not wish will go back home!! This is now your home and I am glad to have you here.

pastorssecretary

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home