Friday, December 29, 2006

Reconstruction

What to do when The Rev. and I have days off together? Demolish the house and get to work, of course. I won't divulge too much of what we have done, given that I would like to surprise my parents and my in-laws when they are here in a few weeks, but I can say that we have done some hard, but rewarding work. Mom and Dad, the Home Depot gift card has been put to good use.

I wish I had a tape recorder whenever The Rev. and I get to work together on projects. I tend to be more of a task master, while he tends to let the ADD take over and run the project until I stamp my foot and raise my voice a decibel. A few of the goodies:

"We can either go New Orleans decadent or shabby chic farmhouse."

"Decadent farmhouse would not be good."

A member of our congregation met us at Home Depot last night so we could haul dry wall and crown moulding back to our house. He witnessed:

"We need to buy doors."

"WHAAAAT? Doors were never part of the deal."

"Don't you want two new doors?"

"We have four doors that need to be replaced."

"A little bit at a time baby."

"No."

"Why not?"

"NO."

"Come on."

At this point I turn to Roy, our member, and say, "Forgive me in advance, Roy, but you might witness a small domestic dispute."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home