Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missed You

Hello, everyone. I have no excuses. My brother has sent me pleadings to write. A sorority sister I haven't seen in ages has asked when I will start writing again (Hi, Val!). Even my mom has asked about "the blog thing." Yeah, well, I've been busy on a a variety of projects, and I still find it hard to type when I have a little monkey clinging to my neck and yanking my hair (a delightful new development, let me tell you.)

So, Lucas Pookus full of mucus (and we say that with smiles and love), is now 8 months old. He smiles, belly laughs, eats baby food voraciosly, does not like to nap, loves to sing and is already mastering the art of staring at a woman until she smiles at him then he grins and cuts his eyes away. Flirt. He'll be banned to his room and not allowed to date until he is 36. Every day his father and I just look at each other and marvel at how much we love his little food crusted face, the way he leans down to suck on his toes, and how he forces himself to stay awake because he has already realized that LIFE is happening and if he closes his eyes he might miss something. I've tried to assure him that life is dull, get used to it, but then the dog walks by and he shrieks with laughter. The dog walks by him a hundred times a day and each time is like they have just been introduced. It is obvious that he will be a child that loves life, loves people, and loves the action. Now it is our job to keep him away from fast cars and loose women. See my above comment about locking him in his room until he is 36.

I am very fortunate to have The Rev. caring for him most days, as I am still working. It is not in our long range plans for me to work, but with a mortgage in California, it is something we have to do. One of the biggest joys has been seeing how much The Rev. ADORES this child. He's ready to have another one. Please note. HE is ready to have another one. I just got back into my normal clothes, although I have resigned myself to never fitting into a couple of things ever again. Hips. Baby. Wider.

Anyway, we are here in SoCal, and would love for everyone to meet the little guy. I will try to be more diligent in my posting, and let me send a shout out to my New Orleanian brothers and sisters. I was glued to the television and the internet for a week. I am so glad that you lost power, but not your life. I can't wait to take Lucas to his first Mardi Gras. Now, Ike is bearing down on Texas, and they mentioned Port Lavaca. I have a few happy memories of swimming there with my cousins, so I send a prayer your way. Love you all, thanks for the happy thoughts sent my way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see you back in action Sis! Keep the posts coming. I can't wait for Lucas's first Mardi Gras too. We'll definitely be there! "Throw me something Mister!"

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home