Friday, November 13, 2009

JUNE? REALLY?

I was surprised to see it has been nearly six months since I last posted my musings. I thought it had been August.



Forgive me. I've been busy.



Busy is probably too blase' of a word. Ninety miles an hour with my hair on fire is probably a better description. Teaching is wonderful, and the family is much more appreciative of my "normal" hours. No more late nights, no more weekends, no more holidays. Which brings me to the coming holidays, and how I am working hard on restraining myself to not go Clark Griswold on everybody and make these the hap-hap-happiest holidays since Noel Coward sang "Jingle Bells."



Or something like that.



Honestly, I have been too busy to put pen to paper to plan the festivities, and I have a feeling this year is going to be a ninety mile an hour with my hair on fire kind of year. And when I wake up on New Year's Day, I will sit up, blink, rub my eyes, and wonder "What just happened?" We do have friends coming for Thanksgiving, which means rubbing my hands in maniacal glee and stocking up the fridge and the wine closet. It also means that the cookie recipes have to come out, as well as the 25 pound sack of flour for the dozens of cookies that will be coming out of our thirty year old oven. Frankly, I'm just happy to be looking forward to the holidays, instead of looking forward to them being done. Ha. 'Tis a strange feeling, but I am embracing it.



We are crossing the Mississippi for the holidays, so prepare yourself for an onslaught of pictures of what I am going to eat. I promise I will only post one picture of Sonic. Well, maybe two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home