Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jowl!

Jowl, my brother, turned 32 years old today. That means I will be 31 in November. If you do the math you will see my parents are very brave people.

As I was driving to work this morning, the morning radio host was chatting about today being some sort of observance for endangered species. For some reason, this made me think of my brother, so I made an early morning phone call.

"Good morning, Jowl. Did you know that today is a national day of observance for 42 endangered species? That means you need to marry your girlfriend and propagate. I do think you are on the list."

Jowl has come a long way in 32 years, even though my birthday card to him congratulated him on reaching the milestone of five years of life, and his gift card to Borders had Big Bird and the Cookie Monster on it. I won't share the story about the bathtub full of beer, or a beer fueled midnight meeting on his alma mater's football field, or a certain trip to New Orleans and a six pack of Dixie.

Happy Birthday, Bro. Wish I could be there with the seersucker suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home