Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

Yes, today is Cinco de Mayo and I have a craving for macaroni and cheese. I don't know if the margaritas, carne asada, and frijoles will be on tap for tonight, but I will certainly let you know. The last holiday where people celebrated with copious amounts of alcohol was Saint Patrick's Day, a celebration of Christianity in Ireland and maybe St. Patrick driving out snakes? My history is foggy. I know the Irish pub on our main drag through town was PACKED, so I am sure every Mexican restaurant in town will be over-flowing. Come to think of it, we ate at a Mexican restaurant on St. Pat's day, so maybe we should check out the Irish pub. Perhaps I am just reasoning with myself to stay home. I can drink a Harp or a Bohemia on my own patio, amongst the company of friends. Come to think of it, Cinco de Mayo is Mexican independence, right? But what am I celebrating? I need a history lesson. If someone knows the background of this holiday, holler.

It is also my day off today and I have a laundry list of things to do, besides laundry. When I came home from work last night The Rev. asked me what I was planning on doing. He didn't cotton to my response of "Stay in bed all day and eat Pirate's Booty." For one, I need to wash the sheets and two I would have to go out and buy Pirate's Booty. The day is just FULL of possibilities. The church garage sale is tomorrow and they need some help, so that will be part of the day. I also have to make a run to the grocery store because we may just have 4 cheese penne for dinner tonight. We'll tip our hats to our neighbors to the south and wash it down with some sangria or a margarita, at least until I've figured out what we are celebrating. Four cheese Penne and carne asada might be a tasty combination.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nate-Dawg! If The Rev. and I were there, we would fire up the stogies and celebrate your 31st!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home