Friday, April 21, 2006

Housekeeping

Tomorrow we are bribing some of our friends with cerveza y pollo to come over and help us cut down some trees in our backyard. The Rev. is already outside thumping his chest and using a chainsaw to begin some preliminary work. I am in charge of cleaning the house and preparing the other items needed for the meal, namely sangria y margaritas. Who knew learning Spanish could be this easy?

I hate housekeeping, so I used the excuse that I had to go to the grocery store and run a few errands to put off the inevitable hours of dusting, vacuuming, and straightening. I worked up an appetite and resisted the temptation to stop at our favorite hole in the wall to get a breakfast burrito. Instead, I came home and re-heated some menudo and added some fresh onion, cilantro, and chile peppers. Of course, I made it too hot and I was forced to get a beer to quench the burn. If we were still living in the South, I would not normally drink an alcoholic beverage (save for a Bloody Mary) before noon, but because we live in California, we must do as the Californians do.

I don't think anyone will notice the dust in the corners, I'll just pour them another margarita.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chick, leave the duster on the counter next to the margaritas, and if someone feels the need, they may volunteer to do it for you. Volunteerism is not necessarily limited to the state of TN. (Just don't stir the drinks with the "swiffer.")

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home