Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Belated Ascension!

Yesterday was Ascension Day. For many, Ascension is an obscure holy festival, overshadowed by the festivals of Christmas and Easter, but for Christians it is just as important. Christ gave his final charge to his disciples; Christ ascended into heaven, and his disciples gaped at the sky until angels appear and reminded them to return to Jerusalem and get to work.

I think The Rev. was a little sad last night because Ascension is the last festival service of the church year held during the mid-week until Thanksgiving. Given that I think I have forgotten nearly every mid-week service until an hour before the service began, I wasn't as affected as he. I know this is what calendars and day planners are for, but one must practice the habit of looking at calendars and day planners for them to prove effective in both time and cost. Believe me, we have calendars and clocks all over the place, and The Rev. and I still can't make it anywhere on time, except church, mind you. I was just happy that there wasn't a potluck beforehand, because I was in no way going to subject the innocent sheep of The Rev.'s flock to the remnants of our pantry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home