Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Twinkies

Someone once said that married couples tend to look like one another after several years of being together. I think The Rev. is much better looking than I am, and the only time I have thought that we looked remotely alike is when I came out of the bedroom to discover that we were wearing identical outfits. Once it was a black shirt and khaki shorts, and another time it was a red shirt and jeans. One of us compromised and changed our clothes.

My brother had a birthday party/life celebration/Mother's Day recognition/let's get together and reminisce type of party this weekend. He wore a seersucker suit for the occasion, and from the pictures I have seen posted on the web, he carried the look off quite well. I was worried. I mean, it was a seersucker suit. I half expected to see thoroughbreds running through the background and mint juleps in sterling silver cups passed on trays.

And then I noticed his girlfriend was wearing a seersucker jacket, and it was hard to define the line of where her jacket ended and his suit began. I fear he is two steps away from matching Hawaiian shirts, and then we will have to do an intervention. He claims that her jacket had a brown stripe in it, but this is coming from a man who lost his seafoam green car in a mall parking lot, a grocery store, and a Wal-Mart all in the same day. I wouldn't say he had an eye for color.

From what I hear, the party was a great success, and I am sure the seersucker suit will be trotted out again this summer. I may have to send her a cute white shirt and a peasant skirt, just to prevent such matchiness from happening again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home