Sunday, October 29, 2006

It was long because it was a festival Sunday

"Did you think church ran long today?"

I give him a look that says, "Don't you realize I think all of your sermons are five minutes too long?"

"Weeelllll, yes, I do think it ran long."

"Any reasons why?"

Insert same look here.

"Weellll, could it be we sang a hymn that was ten verses long, followed by one that was eight verses long? Plus a confirmation and a two hour Bible class?"

"What did you think of my sermon?"

"It's good to have faith."

"Well, yeah. Did you follow my theme?"

"Sort of."

"Sort of?"

"Yea, but I got what you were saying. It's good to have faith. Be happy that I can summarize a 22 minute sermon in five words. I could have said 'Your sermon was on God.'"

He hates it when I have a point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home