Tuesday, February 13, 2007

For Joel

Fresh Fresh Fresh Fresh Fresh Fresh Fresh Fresh.

There, I feel better.

My brother just told me that I use the word "fresh" too much on my blog. I never noticed, so if I have offended anyone who is all for equal opporunity when it comes to frozen or canned food, I extend my sincerest apologies. Perhaps I will substitute, "Just Picked" which may erroneously lead you to the conclusion that I have an orchard in my tiny backyard. "New" and "Clean" makes it sound like I just drove my food off of the car lot, while "unsullied" sounds a tad Victorian for me. I would never want to give the impression that I eat, or serve, dirty food. "Spanking new" sounds like a clean baby's bottom to me, and I would never want to associate anything that goes into my mouth with something that winds up in a diaper--at least not in pleasant conversation.

So, dear brother, you can tease me all you want about my torrid love affair with the word "fresh." I have my reasons for using it, just like your have your reasons for abusing the word "amazing."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an amazingly fresh outlook y'all have.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home