Friday, April 20, 2007

Champagne Friday

It has been two weeks since Easter, and The Rev. and I actually spent an entire 24 hour period together. Because two sets of hands are better than one, we set about demolishing the other spare bedroom. He scraped the nasty popcorn texture off of the ceiling and replaced it with a flat texture. We painted and hopefully, he can get the trim installed this weekend. I only slopped paint in a few corners of the room, and I consoled my much neater husband with the promise of laminate flooring by the end of the year. Whether we will be able to do so, I don't know, but it kept him from moaning that I stepped in paint and tracked it in concentric circles around the room. The dog only got paint on one ear this time. The computer has been disconnected for a week, and today is the first day I have been able to read my brain candy websites and write.

It has been really busy for us, as the realization that The Rev. will be leaving to spend 3 months in Mexico in less than a month has caused us to kick into a frenzied list making mode. The supply checklist (pack enough undies) and the financial checklist (don't forget to pay the mortgage, don't buy a new car) are but a few of the many that are nagging our attention.

We have managed to keep Friday evenings open, and we began the tradition of drinking champagne on Friday afternoons. It has become the highlight of our week, and every Friday morning I get up and punch The Rev. in the arm and ask, "Do you know what day it is?" and then I don't even let him answer because I start crowing "It's Champagne Friday!" Like "Eureka, I just discovered plutonium!" I will probably suspend such celebration while he is gone, you can call it my champagne Lent, but you can bet I will be popping one open when he returns on August 18th, even though I think that is a Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home