Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter Candy

I bought some jelly beans for the niece and nephews arriving this weekend and marvelled at how some things about Easter change and some don't. Toys for baskets are certainly more sophisticated, but Brach's still makes those disgusting soft marshmallowy eggs that taste like chemicals, and PEEPs, well, I am sure they still explode in the microwave. I bought Cadbury eggs in a nod to my father, but I passed on the Reese's peanut butter eggs. After eating organic peanut butter for so long, I don't think the filling of the Reese's egg qualifies as real peanut butter, more like the Velveeta cheese of the peanut butter world--pasteurized processed cheese food. Just look at the label next time. It's right there.

When I got home I realized that The Rev. and I have inadvertently begun marking the passing of time and seasons by the candy that is in our candy dish on our coffee table. He had to pry the Christmas ribbon candy out of it, rinse the sugar residue out with hot, soapy water, and then dry it so the jelly beans wouldn't stick together. I have a feeling that those jelly beans are going to be in there for awhile. As we are about to enter a no man's land for holiday themed candy, I am willing to bet that those jellybeans will by pryed out of there around October, just in time for Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home