Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Drum Roll, Please...

I purposely scheduled my second ultrasound to coincide with The Rev.'s triumphant return from Mexico. Monday rolled around and we made our way to radiology to find out if our baby has fingers, toes, eyes, etc. etc. The scan was going quite well, and the ultrasound technician was clucking to herself as she measured head, arms, legs, spine, and gathered other information needed for my doctor and the radiologist who would be examining the film. The Rev.'s face never left the monitor, as he took a look at his child for the very first time. And heard the heartbeat for the very first time. And learned that this child has already inherited my dislike for having a picture taken, as a little set of hands covered a little face for the entire test. At one point, the technician asked me to go and use the restroom, because baby decided to present the rear view for an extended length of time and she needed to measure some part of the frontal anatomy. Living proof that this child has inherited a sense of humor from my brother.

After the tech took all of the measurements, she turned the monitor so that I could see what was happening. She assured us that everything looked great (music to our ears), and happily obliged me when I asked if she could tell us what the sex was. "Give me just a second," she said, and maneuvered the sonar so that we could get a rear view. "You tell me what you think," she said, "Dad, what do you see?"

"That is most definitely a boy."

So, we will be welcoming a baby boy into our family in about 4 months. After the ultrasound, The Rev. and I took a two day mini-vacation to Palm Springs, where we discussed names and how to decorate the nursery. We have a name decided, but we will be keeping it under wraps until he comes around for formal introductions. For now, we will be calling him "Eliazer." For those of you who know my husband's first name, you will understand. You may get it if you have a great memory for Biblical figures.

Thank you to everyone for your warm congratulations and prayers. We are half way there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home