Friday, August 17, 2007

T-1 Day

The Rev. returns from his Mexican field trip tomorrow. I am driving to LAX tomorrow morning to pick him up, and in order to fulfill his request to eat American food as quickly as possible, I found a diner that specializes in fried chicken wings and waffles for breakfast. And it is only 7 minutes from the airport. I have already awarded this establishment four stars.

Yes, I am excited to see my husband after a three month separation, and I am even more excited for him to see my expanding stomach. I went from a tiny pooch to a small volleyball seemingly overnight, and people have begun to notice that I am pregnant. We find out on Monday if we will name the bean Roxanne Verbena or Waldo Hassellhoff. Kidding, just kidding. We haven't discussed names that much, and we won't tell until the baby is born. We have to keep some semblance of suspense.

My father drove in last week, and in an earlier post, I mused what I was going to do with him. Then I remembered he is into historical markers, and what better way to spend a day off then drive to South San Diego and see a monument to John J. Montgomery, the father of flight? We stood on the hilltop where he took his first winged craft into the air, and my father told me Montgomery would have beaten the Wright brothers if he had not met his demise in one of his creations. It was a 45 minute drive for a 15 minute session of staring at a slab of marble, but it made my dad happy, and we want to keep grandpa happy.

The Rev. and I will be heading over to Palm Springs for a few days to make sure we still like being married to each other and for him to practice speaking English again. The digital camera is returning with him, so I will try to post pictures soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home