Saturday, May 19, 2007

Viva Mexico

The Rev. leaves one week from today for a 12 week stay in Puebla, Mexico. The past few days have been a flurry of activity getting him ready to spend 3 months in a foreign country. It has not sunk into my gray matter yet that he is leaving on Saturday and will be gone for three months, and I have a feeling it will either sink in on Saturday when I say goodbye to him at LAX or three weeks down the road when I forget to pay the gas and electric bill. Either way, I am sure there will be tears involved.



We purchased a digital camera last night, and as he sends me photos, I will post them here so we can all vicariously experience the street vendors, the colonial architecture, and the mole that is in many Pueblan dishes. People have asked me if I will be traveling to see him, and for now, the answer is no. There have been some developments here that require my attention, and we decided that it is in the best interests of the family that I stay here. You know, to experience the excitement of paying the mortgage, which I can only liken to throwing teaspoons of mud against a wall that is 72 feet long and 72 feet high. You throw the mud, but you know that it will take a good, long time for you to cover it.



I do have visitors coming to see me in June and July, and as The Rev. will not be back until August, I have about 10 weeks free for anyone who wants to experience lovely Southern California. I promise I will not make you work on my house.