Monday, May 07, 2007

Naming the Cat

Naming the cat has been the easiest thing going this week. I realized today that I better get Mother's Day cards in the mail and include a card for my father, whose birthday was before Easter. I bought him a gift card from Sears, because they carry Land's End and he can buy a pair pants or if the mood strikes, some tools. Perhaps he will put it towards buying a tire.

The gift card had very Land's Endish looking lighthouse on it, so I chose it along with a different one for my father-in-law. When I got home, I wrote a little note in the belated birthday card and then I noticed that the gift card said, "Happy Holidays from Land's End." Upon closer inspection, the beach that framed that framed the forefront of the lighthouse was covered in snow. It was 90 degrees in Escondido today, I don't see snow in the forecast anytime soon. The gift card for my father-in-law came with four stickers that said, "thanks," "congrats," "best wishes," and then something else I can't remember. I stuck the one said that "thanks" on my dad's gift card, that way I figured I covered all of my bases, belated birthday, a holiday greeting, and a thank you for everything.

The cat's name is Boudreaux.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you wonder why Lari got such a simple name !!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home