Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Reasonable Explanation...

So much has been happening around here, that as of late I feel that all I can do is strap on the seatbelt and hold on as I careen through the next few weeks. The Rev. and I witnessed the shortest wedding ever (14 minutes with 2 minutes of "I do," but it was lovely), and we decided that life wasn't interesting enough so I brought home a kitten who has been with us nearly a week and is still "no name kitty." The Rev. was not particularly thrilled with the last event, but has since taken to the little critter to the point where he intervened when I was about to lock it in the bathroom last night. The rest of the night was spent with my head, hands and feet being attacked by a 1 pound Geronimo.

"We need to name this cat."

"How about Target?"

"Like the store?"

"No, because he has a bulls-eye on his side."

"How about Tar-jey? Like the French?"

"No."

"How about Tigger? Bandit? Leo?"

"What about J.D.?

"J.D.?"

"Yeah, Jack Daniels."

"Nice."

"He has marks around his eyes, what about War Paint?"

"How about seatbelt or chin strap? He has those markings too."

So no name kitty has been keeping us entertained with his antics involving the dog's tail, the shirts hanging in The Rev.'s closet, and his ability to turn on the charm when I am ready to lock him in the bathroom. The Rev. is disapppointed that he won't stay small and cute forever, because when he returns from Mexico in August, we will have another beast, just like the other two.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 more weeks and you can keep "what's his name" in the bathroom at night. :-)

Pick a name that has "gusto" when you call him. It helps with the venting process.

a's madre

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home