Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Getting back to work

Nate, Steph, and godchild left today. The Rev. and I both go back to work today. Vacation is officially over, but we still have work to do on the house. All that is left to do in the living room is caulk and touch up the trim, put down the baseboards and seal the grout. I won't dare say these will be one hour projects, because all of our projects turn into 6 day projects involving multiple trips to Home Depot and invoking the "No Scolding Rule." At least the floor is done, and I knew I was near my limit when a trowel broke and I used a kitchen spatula to spread the mortar on the backs of the tiles before handing them off to the Nate and The Rev. I considered it my contribution to shaving some money off of the remodeling budget. Of course, there is a law and it is called Murphy's, and The Rev. did have to make another trip to Home Depot this morning because he and Nate ran out of grout for the tile. I am glad I was not present.

When I really think about it, I must say a tremendous amount of work was done in 7 days. Wallpaper scraping, ceiling scraping, ceiling retexturing, trim, paint, carpet removal, and tile installation, not to mention the clean up that goes with every task. The living room looks great, and I have the pictures to prove it. Of course, I could post them, but that would be too easy. I want everyone to come out here and personally witness the stunning beauty that is my living room. Just not any time soon, because the kitchen is not finished and I need to save up some vacation days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home