Friday, August 04, 2006

Having a pet is not unlike having a child

.....except in regards to college education.

One of my first posts was how I got the nickname "Pastorschick." I had a flashback to the day in the North Carolina woods when The Rev. was outside with the dog trying to get her to go to the bathroom so that we could give the vet a sample when we take her in for a visit. First, the dog did not want to go outside. She just looked at us from her perch on top of my pillows on our bed and yawned. Then, after I pulled the "bad mommy" vibe, I pushed her out the back door. She came back after two minutes and waited to be let back inside and I purposely stuck my foot into her chest to prevent her from making an entrance. SHE HAD TO PRODUCE!

"Hey, did she poop?"

"I don't know."

"Well, shouldn't you be watching her?"

"She just walked away for a minute."

Now the rest of our morning discussions have been dominated by "We are such bad parents, showing up to the doctor without a sample."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home