Friday, July 21, 2006

Things you may not have known about me...

I love getting email, but I don't generally care for when I become the recipient of FW:, FW:, FW:. Are there humorous gems out there? For sure, but I usually don't like to read heartfelt ditties about a field of daisies or smiling at the rain or what a two year old taught me about stopping to smell the roses. It has to do with my patience, and lack of it, and I am sure that there will come a day when I have an appreciation for such things. Until then, know that if you send me one of those forwards, I will probably glance at it for two seconds and then delete it.

My brother sent me and about eighty other people one of those "fun" FW:, FW:, FW:, surveys, to which one of his more acerbic friends called him into to question. I won't go into that here, but I must admit that I appreciated both the survey and the calling out of sending out such fluff. Since I am still recovering from my brain being fried in 117 degree heat, I will post my survey answers for all the Internet to see. It's also because I am too lazy to update my email address book and I have no one to whom I can send it.

Things you may not have known about me....

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. Hostess at a Ryan's Steakhouse
2. Cashier at an ACE Hardware
3. Preschool teacher at the Memphis Jewish Community Center
4. 9th grade English Teacher for Metro Nashville Public Schools

Four Movies I would watch over and over:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Sixteen Candles
3. Napoleon Dynamite
4. Pirates of the Caribbean

Four places I have lived:
1. Destrehan, Louisiana
2. Memphis, Tennessee
3. Nashville, Tennessee
4.Escondido, California

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. House M.D.
2. CSI: Miami
3. Project Runway
4. Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations"

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Pensacola, Florida
2. Prague, Czech Republic
3. New York, New York
4. Napa Valley, California

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy
2. My husband's smoked brisket or ribs
3. Homemade chicken noodle soup
4. Pecan pie

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. My grandmother's farmhouse in Edna, Texas, circa 1982
2. a picnic in Napa Valley
3. The Crumpet Shop in Seattle, Washington
4. My parent's kitchen table

How would you respond?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jobs: copy girl-cashier-accounting tech-church secretary (kindof)
movies: 2KillaMkngbrd-thegoonies-
steel magnolias-fiddler on the roof
placeslived: SoCal-NOLA-Hawaii-AL
TV: '24'-Grey's anat-JAG-desp hswvs
vacation: Montana-Canada-drove the Natchez Trace-Durango(CO)
foods: pasta(w/spicysauce)-splitpeasoup-grilled steak
to be: heaven-Lindy's porch-pastors&Shelly's slab-my own back deck (on the swing-with steak on the grill & kahlua&cream in hand)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home