Sunday, July 09, 2006

Like I need a reminder that I need to get there more often

I got lost driving to church today. I could say I got turned around and lost my bearings, but I got turned around and had no idea where I was. The city has a stretch of road near our house closed until August, so whenever The Rev. or I need to go to church, we have to turn the opposite direction, drive away from church, and wind our way through a subdivision to get to the main road. The problem started when I missed my turn into the subdivision because I was enthralled. Enthralled by what, I cannot recall, but I missed my turn. I couldn't turn around because I was in a right turn only lane, so I spent about ten minutes exploring neigborhoods near my house that I never knew existed. I come from stock that gets lost easily; my brother's nickname is Magellan, and when we say it we don't say it in a complimentary way. We say it more like, "Good job, Magellan, we just passed the exit we needed to get off at for the fourth time. Do you just like driving back and forth?" So I was Magellan's sister today, getting stuck in dead ends and having to turn around a few times before I got smart and decided to follow an older couple in an enormous Oldsmobile out the neigborhood in which I was aimlessly driving.

Why did I pick them?

They looked like they were going to church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home