Monday, June 26, 2006

Progress?

Many of you have been asking about the state of our home improvement. I am happy to share that the living room, for the most part, is done. I am on my way to have some prints framed. We are notorious for picking out printed art on vacation, with the good intention of having it as a framed reminder of our trips, but we just never get around to taking it to the framer. Today is the day for two prints to finally get put behind glass, or plexi, or whatever they are using these days.

The kitchen is still a disaster, and I suppress shudders and convulsions whenever I walk through it. I'll keep you posted if any member of this household or a guest electrocutes themselves from a light switch that lacks a face plate.

I need to give The Rev. his props for finishing off the living room. I have been going non-stop at work since my vacation, and I have the dirty laundry and the messy house to prove it. He has devoted his spare time to running errands, putting up the new curtains and the new curtain hardware, sanding, painting trim, and the like. He even bought a new night light for our bedroom because ours got eaten by the moving gnomes when we moved in to our house nearly 18 months ago.

I noticed this night light when I made my way to bed last night. Given the fact that it has been HOT here and we don't run our air, we keep as many lights off as possible to keep the house cool. It was dark when I made my way to bed, but I noticed the new nightlight and it was a beacon that made sure I didn't stub my toe on the way to the bed. I thought," Hmm, that night light has an interesting light pattern. Very modern. I'll have to ask him about it in the morning."

Morning came and I got myself out of bed to feed the cats and then I noticed IT. The unusual light pattern was coming from a nightlight in the shape of an AIRPLANE. Actually, HALF of an airplane so it looks like it is coming out of the wall. Yeah, that's realistic. The warm, fuzzy glow of light, guiding me to a sound night's rest was coming out of the cockpit and the propellers. For your information, the light coming out of the propellers is red.

The Rev. fessed up that he bought it because he though it was cool. I though about making him repeat, "I was a victiming of marketing." over and over, but I used my better judgement and just let it go. I also thought about reminding him of a milestone birthday that is coming up, but I used my better judgement and just let it go. Given that the front of the house reflects such a mature side of him, I might just let him keep that stupid nightlight. He offered to put it in the guest bedroom when my parents came, with the thought that my dad my appreciate it, but I assured him my mother wouldn't. Maybe I'll just get a Barbie nightlight to accompany the plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home