Sunday, October 07, 2007

6 months

I am six months pregnant. My belly is obvious, and the discomforts of pregnancy are becoming more and more apparent to me with each passing day. I am learning to master the art of squatting to pick things up, because it takes me two or three tries to grasp something if I bend over from what used to be my waist. We won't discuss the heinous swelling of my ankles, but every bottle of water I eye causes an internal battle within me: swollen ankles vs. potty breaks every 20 minutes. The Rev. has grown used to me stopping to use the restroom before we leave the house and waiting patiently at our arrived destination so that I can find one.

I am also learning the rhythms of Baby Boy's daily cycle. He's up early with a kick, but is quiet once I have eaten breakfast. By 11 a.m. he is at again, and if I am sitting down, I can see little bumps and nudges through my clothes. He's quiet again for most of the afternoon, but in the evenings The Rev. and I talk to him and he responds to The Rev.'s touch wiht a bump and a kick. For the longest time The Rev. thought I was crazy because he could never feel anything, but the lightbulb went on the other night, as our baby demonstrated his future ability as a kick boxer.

We have also entered another dimension of house repair, as my parent's graciously gave us an early birthday/Christmas present of new flooring. Nasty carpet up, new laminate in. Unfortunately, The Rev. got a wee bit excited about demolition, so when I arrived home, I found my dresser in the dining room and the contents of my closet on the guest bed. We thought we would be able to lay the flooring yesterday, but a visit to our flooring place revealed that the flooring that I had to have was on BACKORDER and wouldn't be in until this week. The Rev. quickly communicated that he had an unhappy 6 month pregnant lady in the car, and the very apologetic owner said he would personally deliver it this week. "He's lucky I won't make him personally install it," was my response to The Rev. This was after we spent another large, unexpected sum in the span of 15 minutes at Sears because our washer and dryer went kaput.

As bad things seem to happen in threes, we are taking bets on what in the house is going to blow up next. My bet is on the dishwasher. But, hey, we're having a baby, and what could be more exciting than that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home