Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Anticipation

One week from today The Rev. and I will be on our way to Nashville. It has been decided a bottle of gin will be joining the bottle of tequila. While seeing old friends and meeting our godchild, visiting my old school, and playing an all night game of dominoes are important, I am looking forward to cramming the following items into my face:

1. A cherry limeade and onion rings from Sonic
2. A plate of macaroni and cheese from Chef's Market
3. Spicy fried chicken from Prince's Hot Chicken Shack
4. Breakfast from Cracker Barrel

Of the four restaurants listed above, two are open all night long. That means I can drag The Rev. out of bed at 3 a.m. and we can have spicy fried chicken for breakfast. And drown the flames shooting out of our mouth with the cherry limeade from Sonic.

I am also looking forward to experiencing the season of winter. When people ask what the weather is like in San Diego, I always respond, "Think 75 degrees and sunny, punctuated briefly (and I do mean briefly) with short bursts of rain." It does get cold here in the overnight hours, but by mid-morning, the sun is out and I am running around in flip-flops. I used to think flip-flop sandals were seasonal accessories, worn only in months without an "r". Here, they are a year 'round must have for the one season we have, summer. For the past few days, we have been trying to have winter. That means it is sunny but cool, with clouds coming in from the north, occasionally spitting out a few drops of rain. I actually had to wear closed toe shoes AND SOCKS yesterday, but I did manage to get by without a jacket. I just know that next week I will be shivering uncontrollably (but it will be a thankful shivering) and wondering why I got a pedicure before I left, and the anticipation will be to get back to February summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home