Monday, February 27, 2006

Highlights

We were worried our traveling troubles would influence how smoothly activities would happen over the weekend. Fortunately, they did not.

1. I visited my old school, saw my peeps, and caught up that latest in the public education.

2. The Rev. and I met his sister and her family at the Bass Pro Shop. The store was having a
huge sale, so I caught up on the latest camouflage styles. I saw more camo in 10 minutes
than I have seen in the past 18 months. If I ever had to put money on a fight between
a country boy from Fentress County and a surfer dude from San Diego, I'd go country boy
every time.

3. The only food I did not get to shove in my face was Prince's Hot Chicken, but the breakfast
at Cracker Barrel made up for my disappointment.

4. My parents drove over from Memphis. Mom bought me Goo-Goo Clusters. I gave her a
bottle of wine.

5. The Rev. bought me Moon-Pies. I love the banana flavored ones. I ate one for breakfast.

Most importantly, The Rev. and I got to spend time with all of our friends and our adorable godchild, Caitlyn. She set the gold standard for infant behavior in church, and kept us all entertained with her facial expressions and her cute baby grunts. Her father and I celebrated her arrival with a few shots of tequila, imported especially for the occasion.

We also took our cats, Butch and Smokey, back with us to San Diego. Fortunately, our return trip back was relatively boring, and we departed and arrived on time, cats meowing all the way. Unfortunately, I cannot entertain you all with a description of our trip, because it would put your to sleep.

How are the cats adjusting? That will be a later post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home