Saturday, November 11, 2006

Advent

Yes, I know, Advent does not officially start until after Thanksgiving, but here at the coop we are trying to turn over a new leaf and shrug off dull sloth. We tried to shrug off dull sloth a few years ago when we didn't send out Christmas cards and then made it a New Year's Resolution to send them at the end of that new year. We got them sent out that year, and even bragged about shrugging off aforementioned dull sloth.

We promptly forgot that resolution as soon as we pasted the last stamp to the last envelope, and the following year we didn't send out Christmas cards.

You can only backslide so many years, and if I recall, last year many of you received Christmas cards. We usually like to send out homemade cards, complete with a hymn verse from the venerable, red, Lutheran hymnal, and that probably contributed to our delinquency in sending out Christmas cards. Last year I swallowed my pride, bought cards, and felt guilty the entire time. Many of you know the feelings I have toward boxed brownie mix. You can only imagine my distress at the thought of sending out a card that somebody else made. Tragic.

Today I mentioned to The Rev. that we should get a jumpstart on Christmas cards, especially since we both have the day off and can devote some time to it. Forget laundry, cleaning, and running errands. I can always postpone housework for craft time. We thought of an idea, and I would consider it semi-homemade. The Rev. will be doing a simple calligraphy on each one, but we will be cheating and using a rubber stamp to get the effect we want for the message. We figure if we do a couple a day, we should be all set when Christmas card exchange time is at its peak.

Now I have a request. Many of my addresses have been lost/misplaced/forgotten in our move. If you would like to receive one of our special, semi-homemade Christmas cards, email me your address. I would love to send you a Christmas greeting. Mom and Dad, I do know your address, so don't worry. Joel, brother, don't say a word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home